Thursday 1 May 2008

Letters to the headteacher: tired and emotional

Dear Headteacher,

I am writing to you to request a couple of days off for the important purposes of rest and relaxation. I have recently spent several long days teaching and as a result I am feeling both tired and emotional. I am convinced that the only effective solution to this is a couple of days spent horizontal on the sofa in the company of a couple of large bottles of wine, and possibly some crisps.

I am sure that you will appreciate my urgent need, and look forward to your swift response.


Yours sincerely,

Ms V. Sandwiches.

5 comments:

Lucia said...

Let me know what the Head says. I might use that letter...

Anonymous said...

I got an extremely prompt response. It was very short, too....

Anonymous said...

What's a holiday? I don't understand.

Anonymous said...

That's because you are a dog, Big Dog; and do not understand the concept of time off.

Seaurchin said...

Shopping list for impromtu vacation:
Bubble bath
Scented candles
comfortable slippers
classical music cd
a cat...(you have to trust me on this one)